The purpose of this program is to provide a formal education for the lay person and health professional seeking to integrate the principles and practices of Ayurveda into their personal lives and health care practice. Graduates of the program will be qualified to teach the basic principles of Ayurveda and conduct Ayurvedic lifestyle consultations. This program does not offer massage therapy training or preparation for the Florida board of Massage exam.
The Ayurvedic Health Counselor Training program is a 16-month curriculum offering the clinical study and practical application of Ayurveda. Covering all aspects of Ayurveda, the course of study is offered in 23 weekend sessions and includes Ayurvedic concepts in elemental & doshic theory, anatomy & physiology, psychology, subtle energy, and the disease process. The program provides study and training in Ayurvedic nutrition & diet, herbology, aromatherapy, dosha-based yoga and the traditional treatments of Ayurveda. The Ayurvedic Health Counselor is trained to present Ayurveda to groups and to offer Ayurvedic consultations with client assessment and recommendations for daily regimen and lifestyle routines. The student is taught to assimilate the principles and practices of Ayurveda into their own lives, so that they can effectively guide others toward balanced health and well-being.
- 16-month program
- 23 weekend sessions, held every 3 weeks
- Saturdays 8:00 am – 6:30 pm / Sundays 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
- The first weekend of the school year, we meet on Friday from 6:00 – 8:00 pm for registration
- Classroom hours – 485
- Independent consultation/presentation hours & externship) – 215
- Total clock hours – 700
- Tuition – $6305 (payment options are available)
- Application Processing Fee – $50 (non-refundable)
- Required books – $200 approximate (available through independent retailers)
- Supplies – $50
Program meets the requirements to apply for the Ayurvedic Health Counselor Professional Membership of the National Ayurvedic Medical Association (NAMA). Tuition does not include the application fee to NAMA. Applying for a professional level membership with NAMA is not a graduation requirement.
Admission Requirements / Prerequisites
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Minimum of high school diploma or general equivalency diploma – supporting documentation must be submitted with application
- Completed and approved admission application
- $50 non-refundable application processing fee
- Admission interview – in person or via telephone for long distance applicant